Mize Jr., George W.
George Mize was admitted to the State Bar of Georgia in 1983. He is a native of Columbus, Georgia, was educated in its local public schools, received his B.S. degree, with highest honors, from Auburn University in 1980 and his J.D., cum laude, from the University of Georgia School of Law in 1983. At Auburn, George was a member of Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society. While in law school, he competed on the Jessup International Law Moot Court Team and served on the Moot Court Board.
George’s areas of practice include real estate, zoning and land use, property tax appeals, commercial lending, business and corporate law, and franchising. George represents numerous small, family and professional businesses, as well as several local banks and lending institutions. In the area of franchise law, George has extensive experience, having represented a large regional franchisor with a system of several hundred franchisees; he has also consulted with other clients in reviewing and negotiating franchise agreements.
George’s activities outside of the practice of law are focused primarily on his church, St. Luke United Methodist, where he serves as the Chairman of its Board of Trustees, a member of its Early Learning Center Board, a member of its Administrative Board, and a member of the St. Luke School Board. In addition, George has served on or participated in numerous civic and charitable organizations and activities.
George W. Mize
(p) 706-243-5620 | (f) 706-243-0415 | email@example.com | Download vCard
George W. Mize
Karen Witczak (Assistant)
(p) 706-243-4056 | (f) 706-243-0415 | firstname.lastname@example.org | Download vCard
- Auburn University, 1980 (B.S., with highest honors)
- University of Georgia, 1983 (J.D., cum laude)
- Georgia, 1983
Honors and Awards
- Member, Jessup International Law Moot Court Team
- Member, Moot Court Board
- Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society
Memberships, Affiliations and Activities
- St. Luke United Methodist Church (Chairman; Board of Trustees)
- St. Luke United Methodist Church, Early Learning Center (Board of Trustees)
- St. Luke United Methodist Church (Administrative Board)
- State Bar of Georgia – Real Property Law Section (Executive Committee)
- Chattahoochee Bar Association
- American Bar Association