McCormick, W. Fray
Mr. McCormick concentrates his practice in the areas of estate planning and administration, fiduciary law, tax-exempt organizations and social security matters. Mr. McCormick served in the General Counsel Offices of both Total Systems Services, Inc. and Synovus Financial Corp. before being named Director of Foundation and Endowment Services for Synovus Trust Company, N.A. in 2003. It was in that role that he gained valuable experience in the organization and administration of tax-exempt organizations as well as the legal and fiscal management of their endowments.
Mr. McCormick is a member of the State Bar of Georgia where he is a member of the Fiduciary Law and Nonprofit Law Sections and a former editor of the Georgia Bar Journal. He is also licensed in Alabama and is a member of the Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Sections of the Alabama State Bar.
Fray has served on the boards of a variety of charitable organizations and is a former president of The Columbus Museum. He and his wife, Margaret, have two children.
After graduating cum laude from Washington and Lee University in 1989 with a B.A. in History, Fray completed the Corporate Banker Development Program at First Union National Bank. He served the bank as a commercial lender before entering law school.
W. Fray McCormick
(p) 706-221-0096 | (f) 706-221-0096 | email@example.com | Download vCard
Debbie K. Pemberton (Assistant)
(p) 706-243-4061 | (f) 706-243-0417 | firstname.lastname@example.org | Download vCard
- Washington and Lee University (B.A., cum laude, 1989)
- Cumberland School of Law at Samford University (J.D., 1996)
- Conversational Spanish
- Columbus Bar Association
- Georgia Planned Giving Council (Board, 2009-2012)
- Columbus Estate Planning Council (2010-present)
- Georgia Bar Journal, Editor (1999-2004)
- Brookstone School (Board, 2011-2018, 2019 – present)
- The Columbus Museum (President, 2014-2016; Board, 2007-2018, 2019 – present)
- Community Foundation of Chattahoochee Valley (Board, 2018 – present)
- City of Columbus - Employee Pension Fund (Trustee, 2013-present)
- Girls, Inc. of Columbus and Phenix/Russell (Treasurer, 2012-2013; Board, 2010-2013)
- Historic Columbus Foundation (Board, 1998-2006)
- The Jack Parker Scholarship Foundation (President, 2009-2010, Treasurer, 2003-2010)
- The Synovus Foundation (Treasurer, 2003-2010)
- Muscogee Educational Excellence Foundation (Board, 2012-2014)
- St. Francis Foundation Fellows (Board, 2010-2014)
- Trinity Episcopal Church
- Rotary Club of Columbus
- Bradley R. Coppedge and W. Fray McCormick, Creating Limited Liability for a General Partnership: LLP or LLLP?, 4 Ga B.J. 8 (August 1998)