Gunby, Stephen (Steve) G.
Mr. Gunby has practiced in Columbus since 1979, representing clients in a wide range of civil litigation in both State and Federal Court. He is also one of only a few lawyers in the Columbus area with extensive experience in business bankruptcy matters, representing creditors in Bankruptcy Courts in Georgia, Florida and Alabama. His clients include a wide range of businesses, banks, local government authorities and individuals. He also has substantial experience representing those clients in matters outside of litigation, including transactions, real estate and probate matters and has been recognized by Georgia Trend Magazine as a Legal Elite.
For many years, Mr. Gunby has also been involved in numerous civic, legal and community organizations including First Presbyterian Church where he served as a Trustee and Elder, The Historic Columbus Foundation, former President, The Stewart Community Home for the handicapped homeless, past Chairman and President, Georgia Legal Services Program, past board member, and Middle District of Georgia Bankruptcy Law Institute where he is a director.
Mr. Gunby is a graduate of Stichting Nijenrode, the Netherlands, 1975, with a degree in International Business and East West Relations, as well as the University of Georgia, 1976, where he graduated with a B.BA in International Business. Mr. Gunby attended law school at Mercer University where he obtained his Juris Doctor degree in 1979.
Mr. Gunby is married to the former Nancy Neville from Newnan, Georgia and they have two grown children.
Stephen (Steve) G. Gunby
(p) 706-243-5630 | (f) 706-596-9992 | firstname.lastname@example.org | Download vCard
Teresa Smith (Assistant)
(p) 706-243-4049 | (f) 706-596-9992 | email@example.com | Download vCard
- Stichting Nijenrode Institute (Netherlands) (I.B.P., 1975)
- University of Georgia (B.B.A., 1976)
- Mercer University, Walter F. George School of Law (J.D., 1979)
- State and Superior Courts of the State of Georgia
- Court of Appeals of Georgia
- Supreme Court of Georgia
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida
- State Bar of Georgia
- Columbus Bar Association
- Emeritus, Columbus American Inn of Court
- Master, Georgia Bankruptcy American Inn of Court